516 West Urbandale

Current Owner - Cynthia McNamara

Built by German native, Robert Miller in the 1880’s, patterned after a castle on the Rhine River. 1925 Green Terrill sold house to his brother James and Lulu. It was 10 years before the house changed owners and another seven years and several other owners before the house was restored.

Building Features

  • 4500 square foot mansion
  • 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
  • All wood was imported from Europe
  • All woodwork is unpainted
  • Clawfoot tubs
  • First home in area with electric lights and indoor plumbing
  • Four fireplaces
  • Not a single nail used in building the home (screws only)
  • Original stained glass windows
  • Teak and pecan parquet floors
  • Tin ceilings
  • Turrets and state roof
516 West Urbandale