This Commission is primarily an advisory body. Under the zoning regulations, the primary duty of the Moberly Planning and Zoning Commission is to hold a hearing where public opinion can be expressed regarding:
• Proposed Rezoning
• Conditional and Special Use Permits
• Zoning Regulation Text Amendments
• Site Plans
• preliminary and Final Subdivision Plats
• Home Occupations
• Overlay and Planned Development Districts
Council Agenda & Ordinances
Once an item is discussed and approved by the Commission, it is placed on the Council agenda with the recommendation as decided upon at the public hearing, and then drafted as an Ordinance, which is voted upon by the City Council.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is comprised of nine (9) commission members, one (1) councilman and the Mayor.
Planning and Zoning Commission members,
- Dave Riley
- Sam Tadrus
- Lisa Vanderburg
- Rich Duley
- Gary Duncan, Vice Chairperson
- Connie Asbury, Chairperson
- Don Burton
- Howard Miedler
- Jerry Osborne
- Jerry Jeffrey, City Council representative
- Mayor Bob Riley
This board meets on the last Monday of each month.