The Finance Department is responsible for the oversight of all financial activities of the City. It supports all City departments through its multiple functions:
• Financial Statements
• Data Processing
• Annual Budget Development and Publishing
• Management of City Funds
• Employee Health Trust Fund Management
• Financing of Large Item Purchases
• Coordination of the Annual Audit
Director of Finance
Ph: (660) 269-8705 x2037
Fax: (660) 269-8171
Mon. – Fri. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Federal Tax Burdens and Expenditures
Missouri taxpayers receive less federal funding than per dollar of federal taxes paid. Per dollar of federal tax paid in 2013, Missouri citizens received approximately $0.83 in the way of federal spending.
This ranks the state 28nd highest nationally and represents a large decrease from 1992 when Missouri received $1.25 per dollar of taxes in federal spending, when it was ranked 17th highest nationally.
Neighboring states and the federal spending received per dollar of federal tax paid were:
• Iowa ($.85) placed 26th
• Nebraska ($.41) placed 48th
• Kansas ($.54) placed 44th
• Oklahoma ($.72) placed 35th
• Arkansas ($.62) placed 40th
• Tennessee ($1.30) placed 15th
• Kentucky ($2.18) placed 5th
• Illinois ($.45) placed 47th
38.37% of Missouri state revenue comes from federal sources, the 5th highest in the nation.
Source: 2015 WalletHub study
The following is a breakdown of taxes for residents of the City of Moberly.
Real Estate and Property Tax 2014
$1.0412 per $100 of assessed value:
• $.7112 goes to the General Fund
• $.3300 goes to the Park Fund
City of Moberly Sales Tax
• Sales Tax 1%
• Transportation Sales Tax 0.5%
• Capital Improvement Sales Tax 0.5%
• Park Sales Tax 0.5%