Current Owners - Jimmy & Bonnie Bohannon
Known as Coates / Burton Houseand is actually two historical houses that were moved to current site, combined and renovated in 1990’s and early 2000. The Coates House was named after J. T. Coates, a prominent citizen and circuit judge.
- Curved staircase
- Hair used to bond interior plaster
- Hidey-hole in upstairs hallway
- Hiding places behind upstairs pocket door
- Two original fireplace mantels
- Built of Cypress from local brick
Burton House: Interior is reflective of the Arts and Crafts movement or Prairie style, two structures are connected by a hyphen built from salvaged materials from a home in Gorin, Missouri.